Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Write it down!

One of the most helpful tasks in my weight loss success has been my journal. I record everything I eat and all my exercises in my electronic journal..DAILY. If you're serious about weight loss and fitness it's essential to track your progress with something. Some prefer to do this by hand (written) journal, however, I prefer my laptop. One of the tremendous advantages in tracking your nutrition and exercise via software, is that many programs can calculate your daily needs and project your weight loss over a future time period. I use a software package call "Fitness Assistant". I don't own stock in this company so believe me when I say that it far exceeds many of the other packages out there.

It calculates and tracks my nutrition, exercises, calorie expenditure, BMI, and helps me set goals for fitness and weight loss. I've used it for nine months and find it one of the most important tools in my quest for fitness. The progam will deduct my Basic Metabolic Rate calories (Calories just sitting and resting) automatically when I input my daily expercise. Therefore a net calorie expenditure is displayed and recorded. There are many exercise routines already in the database, however, you can add or customize it to comply with your specific routine.

Nutritional input is phenomenal. It comes with a standard database of many foods, but you can add/or customize it for additional foods and meals. I've set up some of my typical menus and logging my calories is as simple as selecting the meal.

There are many software packages that may do similar tasks, but none as economical as this software package. The point of the matter is to RECORD your daily workouts and calories. If you've never done this before, you will find how easy it is (if you're not careful) to meet your daily calorie limit. A journal helps to keep you honest...with yourself. You can try it out for free by downloading it from the website for Fitness Assistant at: http://www.x3msoftware.com. Remember Write it Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment